waveform* 'Last Room'
Product Information //
- Will ship to arrive on or around the scheduled release date of 1/28/22
- Any other items placed in an order along with this item will not ship until this item is in stock and ready to ship on or near 1/28/22
- We can not split shipments, please place two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- We cannot combine separate orders.
- Digital downloads will be available at midnight on the release date. All physical items include a digital download.
- All images of physical items on this page are digital mockups & the final product may differ slightly from what is pictured.
On Last Room, the third album from the Connecticut-based waveform*,, there’s a purposeful hollowness. It’s a record you can fall into, a collection of music that’s unafraid to venture into emotion, exploring the gaping distance that develops in some relationships, the constant confusion that accompanies self-discovery, and the darkness that accompanies abandonment.
Nothing is said outright on Last Room. There’s no declaration of material certainty that allows you to fully discover every secret or moment of meaning on this recording, but the duo comprised of Jarett Denner and Dan Poppa intended it to be that way. They want you to step into their cavernous auditory journey, to lose yourself in a state of wandering as you find your own story, creating a personal narrative gleaned from their collection of mysteries.
Recorded on a laptop in Jarett’s bedroom, the album comes with a discernible feeling of intimacy. Despite their close proximity to one another, Jarett and Dan chose to complete much of the album apart, exchanging ideas and finishing bits of music through email. They traded off responsibilities, one focusing on a song’s structure, while another considered the emotional details and coloring.
Formed while still in high school, waveform* was created out of the pair’s mutual appreciation for music. Over the last few years, waveform* has continued to grow, attributing an increasing interest in fans to an era dominated by Internet discovery and streaming. A sound comparable to Melania Kol, Alex G., Title Fight, Have a Nice Life, and Teen Suicide, the band has also performed live with Strange Ranger, Beach Bunny, Pince Daddy and the Hyena, and Lomelda. Their previous releases — Shooting Star and Library — were released in 2018 and 2019. Last Room, released in 2020, is being rereleased through Run for Cover Records.