Varsity 'The Basement Takes (2015-2016)'
Product Information //
- Will ship to arrive on or around the scheduled release date of 11/15/2019
- Any other items placed in an order along with this item will not ship until this item is in stock and ready to ship on or near 11/15/2019
- We can not split shipments, please place two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- We cannot combine separate orders.
- Digital downloads will be available at midnight on the release date. All physical items include a digital download.
- All images of physical items on this page are digital mockups & the final product may differ slightly from what is pictured.
Varsity came to fruition one night in 2013 when several Chicago musicians gathered for a "salon night" where friends shared stories and songs. Singer-keyboardist Stephanie Smith was set to perform solo, but was quickly drawn to the sound of guitarists Dylan Weschler and Pat Stanton and asked them to join her. Shortly after their first performance as a trio, they recruited Jake Stolz on drums and his brother, Paul Stolz, on bass to fully round out their sound and become the quintet that they are today.
The Basement Takes is a collection of some of Varsity’s scattered singles and other recordings from the first few years of the band’s existence. The LP features six songs only previously available digitally or on cassette directly from the band, as well as two previously unreleased tracks, “Taken By Surprise” and “Second Act.” It also marks the first time that the band’s viral hit ‘So Sad, So Sad’ will be available on vinyl.
Please Note: The RFC Monthly Staff Pick does NOT include a copy of this album on it's own - it is a $5 LP from the Run For Cover Catalog picked monthly by our staff. Purchasing this option on it's own does NOT add the main title on this page to your cart, you need to add it separately.