Turnover 'Good Nature'
Product Information //
- Will ship to arrive on or around the scheduled release date of 8/25/17
- Any other items placed in an order along with this item will not ship until this item is in stock and ready to ship on or near 8/25/17
- We can not split shipments, please place two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- We cannot combine separate orders.
- All images of physical items on this page are digital mockups & the final product may differ slightly from what is pictured.
Front man Austin Getz doesn’t blink when asked to sum up Turnover’s third full-length, Good Nature. “Learning,” he replies. “This whole record is about learning. Opening your eyes to new things, going out- side of your comfort zone, and learning to grow into something new.”
The album’s unique blend of musical and spiritual growth is immediately audible on the opening track, “Super Natural,” a late-summer idyll of intertwined guitar parts and laidback vocals. Listening to how the leisurely “Nightlight Girl” melts into a more propulsive selection like “Breeze,” and the way Good Nature flows together as a seamless whole, it’s also evident that the foursome has been paying closer attention to how artists from earlier eras made full-length albums: the range of textures, tempos, and dynamics on Good Nature are infuenced in part by bossa nova, cool jazz, electronic music, and psychedelic grooves. This infux of new infuences and inspiration, navigated by Peripheral Vision producer Will Yip, results in the band’s best album to date. Good Nature comes from a place of calm and contentment, nurtured by looking inward.
1. Super Natural
2. Sunshine Type
3. What Got in the Way
4. Butter y Dream
6. Pure Devotion
7. Nightlight Girl
9. All That It Ever Was
10. Living Small
11. Bonnie (Rhythm & Melody)